Please know that we’ll be shutting down forum.stagram.com in the near future as we make some improvements on our site.

LOGIN

Hashtags not working. Suspect Gramblr broke my account. HELP

26442 views /  12 replies /  11mon ago ( last updated 11mon ago )

jonasgladnikoff jonasgladnikoff

2 posts /

Ever since yesterday I can't use hashtags anymore. They appear as comments, but my photos don't appear in the hashtag lists. It's as if I've been banned from hashtagging or something.

My account is *not* set to private
I did not use any censored hashtags
I've tried re-linking it to my facebook account
I've tried tagging with other accounts, which works fine, so the issue seems to be with my account, not my phone

I did post a picture using gramblr right before it happened. I wanted to see if it was possible to post using my computer (which it was). But after that hashtags aren't working

Anyone had the same problem? Anyone solved it? Or have any other ideas what might be wrong or what I should do?

Thanks!

Reply to this topic »

gabrielleannerobb gabrielleannerobb

1 posts /

I'm having the exact same problem. I am tagging popular tags and none of my photos are showing up on tag pages it's so frustrating. Help me pleaaaaaaase.
Thanks.

posted 11mon ago

marvcastillo marvcastillo

23 posts /

Hello,
Yes, the same happens to me, the thing that is currently happening is that Instagram is "blocking" the like-apps hashtags (ex: TagsForLikes) because there's a lot of spam and there's a lot of people complaning because the search results are a bit messed up (if you search for "#cats" you will find a lot of selfies, food and pictures that have nothing to do with cats), so yeah, Instagram is "blocking" that kind of hashtags. Anyways, I personally use TagsForLikes and use the category tags that fits with my picture (animals, art & photography, social...) and I get likes, not too many likes (I only get 2-9 likes), but I get likes. Another thing, hundreds of thousands of people use TagsForLikes or PopularTags, so hashtags are flooding.

Instagram is NOT blocking your account, the app only bans accounts that spam or harms other people.

Remember that Instagram also has a tag limit, be sure that you're not exceeding! Try to use tags according to your picture instead of popular tags.

posted 11mon ago

chloeshotmom chloeshotmom

1 posts /

same here.. it's not showing up on the tags. i dont use tagforlikes though.
is there anything we can do about this? did you try to uninstall the app?

posted 11mon ago

ribbons_laces ribbons_laces

5 posts /

Same here, the pics dont show up since i changed my user name.

posted 11mon ago

jonasgladnikoff2 jonasgladnikoff2

2 posts /

I gave up waiting and set up a new account (the one with the problems still isn't working). Hashtagging worked fine with the new one for some weeks... then now suddenly they don't anymore! And this time I didn't do ANYTHING except use a lot of hashtags :O

I did use Tagsforlikes though... maybe that's the problem. But it doesn't seem like they just blocked me from using those tags, they've blocked me from using ANY tag. Again. Even after deleting all tags from TagsForLikes, adding any other tags won't work....

I suspect that just like with my old account, this will be definite, and tagging won't even work again. Gaaah.

posted 11mon ago

dfnaa dfnaa

1 posts /

Having the same problem! Posted photos via gramblr, and now it seems my account is blocked from hashtagging I hope someone finds a solution to fix it.. please help!!

posted 10mon ago

anch_dulcinea anch_dulcinea

1 posts /

Don't copy paste hashtags. Max. 30 hashtags only. In comments, no emoji. Try this guys, it worked

posted 10mon ago

darlenevancorenbergh darlenevancorenbergh

1 posts /

Same problem! :( tried on vacantion to upload a photo via gramblr but it didn't want to upload it because it said my photo hadn't a square shape even if it had. Now I uploaded a photo via ipod and the hashtags doesn't work any more... (the popular tags and even the unpopular tags)
Help, so annoying

posted 9mon ago

haniih haniih

2 posts /

I have the same problem, and i'm not using gramblr or tagsforlikes hashtag.. i dunno what did i do wrong :D

posted 7mon ago

joannajacinta joannajacinta

1 posts /

I having the same problem too.
After I came back from vacation, I just found out all my hashtags not working.
Do you guys have any solution?

posted 7mon ago

retroexpressionsphotography retroexpressionsphotography

1 posts /

My photos are not showing up in search either, and I am typing them in by hand, I even deleted all comments and tried retyping all of them, and they still do not appear. I logged out, and logged in again. Not working... What is going on?

posted 7mon ago

lancer071891 lancer071891

1 posts /

Same goes with me! Been happening for weeks already! huhuhuhu! The thing that frustrates me the most is that I never used TagsforLikes, and other accounts works just fine!! Help!! I'm getting too little likes.. :(

posted 7mon ago

Reply to this topic

Sign in to write a reply.

Other Topics in INSTAGRAM