I'm sorry but you sound like a narrow-minded person.
I think music has changed, but there are so still may decent bands now. They aren't too mainstream, that is because you only hear about 1D, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift (even if i like her I think she's becoming too mainstream and its' annoying) et cetera on TV and mass media. I like rock and pop-rock very much.
I can recommend you some bands :
- Pierce the veil ( I haven't listened to this band yet, but so many people think they are true musicians)
- We are the in crowd (tay jardine's voice is very powerful)
- Coldplay (Not very rock-ish, but Chris Martin can actually sing)
- Avenged sevenfold
- Linkin park
- Heartland (if you like country songs)
- Paramore ( it's alternative rock, but the songs are really catchy and Hayley williams's voice is very powerful)
- The Script
Well if you are not into rock, heavy metal, pop-rock, classic rock or whatsoever my list isn't very useful :)