Please know that we’ll be shutting down forum.stagram.com in the near future as we make some improvements on our site.

LOGIN

Ongoing problems with hashtags on Instagram

110425 views /  64 replies /  1y ago

kevinwevin2002 kevinwevin2002

5 posts /

Hi everyone, does anyone have any information on the problem with hashtags? It's been happening for almost 2 weeks now and I have emailed Instagram support twice but without any reply. The hashtags don't attach to the photos I post - they appear to do so - but when you click on each tag, your pic is not in the catagory. I have no idea why this is, but it seems to be happening to a lot of people. Many have said that it's only with tags where the catagory has over 100k photos in them - but how is that helpful to us? If I take a photo of my cat, i want to be able to tag it as #cat - but I can't because the #cat tag has over 8 million photos. This sucks! Instagram has been my favourite ever app for ages now and I'm so gutted that it's not working anymore! No one can see my pics if they aren't following me! Please, please can someone help!? Has anyone else emailed Instagram support? Anyone had a reply? Please!!!

p.s. I am using the most updated version of the app and my account is NOT set to private.

Reply to this topic »

nicholascoll nicholascoll

1 posts /

I'm having the same problem.

posted 1y ago

youalreadymy youalreadymy

3 posts /

i can see your photos

posted 1y ago

geina_xo geina_xo

1 posts /

yes ! im having the same problem & I hate it . Instagram needs to fix this .

posted 1y ago

kvyla_spaceghost kvyla_spaceghost

2 posts /

Same here !

posted 1y ago

ms_alcobia ms_alcobia

1 posts /

Same problem it's extremely annoying, especially considering this is my favorite app, if so many people are having the same issue you would think instagram would want to fix this instead of letting this go any further, I hope they fix it soon before I close my account and uninstall: (

posted 1y ago

im_mr_niceguy im_mr_niceguy

8 posts /

I'm having the same issue, and I just joined. I joined because my friend wanted me too, but I can't even really enjoy Instagram because of this issue. They even disabled my account when I complained about it on my previous account.

posted 1y ago

q8_bailasan q8_bailasan

1 posts /

it seems that instagram doesn't want any new users.. all the new users have this problem
hash tags are useless :(

posted 1y ago

avrinder93 avrinder93

1 posts /

glad im not the only one with this problem! Usually got +100 likes on each pic, now about 30 max.

posted 1y ago

19reemo19 19reemo19

4 posts /

Damn im haven the same problem but it just happend last night smh my tags was workin all day now nuffin like its so irritatin i dont even enjoy IG anymore if anybody can help fix plz hmu on ig 19reemo19 or email me reemo1885@gmail.com

posted 1y ago

renegadestarr renegadestarr

1 posts /

I have this same problem and its so annoying!

posted 1y ago

goldx_ goldx_

1 posts /

Smfh, everybody is complaining about dis I love instagram no lie but naw can't fuck wit uu anyone more 'Instagram' don't kno wht to do wit this app naw if anyone can fix dis or something pls contact mee asap my IG: goldx_

posted 1y ago

myfashionhub myfashionhub

2 posts /

My hashtags are not showing up at all!!

posted 1y ago

iitsmedavid iitsmedavid

3 posts /

This sucks

posted 1y ago

tanramansurr tanramansurr

4 posts /

@tanramansurr follow

posted 1y ago

taranchoyce taranchoyce

1 posts /

Same here it happened to me las night and they still aren't working not only can I not hash tag but I also can't comment either -,-

posted 1y ago

nikefoster nikefoster

1 posts /

Having the same problem!
I can't see all those tags so I tried to tag again for few times then it said I got too many tags!?
I don't get it at all. My photo does not included in those tags categories and it annoys me so much.
Please INSTAGRAM, please could you FIX it already.

posted 1y ago

persian_vision persian_vision

8 posts /

Same problem here.
I even deleted and reinstalled it. Even created a new account and it's still not working.

I contacted support over 2 weeks ago and I got no reply.

posted 1y ago

sandrabaik sandrabaik

2 posts /

Wow, me too! Well, I guess my situation is a bit different.. Everytime I try to post hashtags on my picture, it automatically disappears.. ON IT'S OWN! It's driving me crazy. & Everytime I decide to rewrite the hastags, it keeps on disappearing. But the weird thing is, it won't let me post more hashtags because I have too much hashtags. BUT THERE'S NOTHING OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

posted 1y ago

sandrabaik sandrabaik

2 posts /

Please fix this problem IG!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted 1y ago

kiabuni kiabuni

5 posts /

I am also having this same problem for two weeks now! Hashtags disappearing and now even comments are disappearing as well ..... that being said I have contacted support like 5 times and have had no reply as have others. I tried restarting my phone, signing in and out of instagram. Deleting and re downloading instagram. I went onto statigram to see if I could see them there. NO LUCK on any of these. The only solution I found was adding 8 - 10 more individual comments onto the picture then going on to statigram on my laptop and view all comments under the picture your working with and they would reappear there for some reason. I would then go back to instagram and my hashtag/comment issue was solved. By the way even though these hashtags are disappearing they are still listing your pictures under them!

posted 1y ago

sabrinaxshih sabrinaxshih

2 posts /

Whenever I post popular hashtags (i.e: hashtags from TagsForlikes), they don't appear in the category or search. I emailed them already but haven't received a reply yet..I don't think I've ever been reported so that probably isn't the problem..does anybody have it figured out yet?:(

posted 1y ago

sarahellum sarahellum

6 posts /

I had the same problem, but i tried to delete my hashtags, and it worked. You need to delete some hashtags, and you can only have 30 hashtags at one picture :) try, it worked out for me. - @sarahellum

posted 1y ago

pobyvala_na_lune pobyvala_na_lune

9 posts /

Please
Follow me: @pobyvala_na_lune
#followforfollow

posted 1y ago

tuvacover tuvacover

20 posts /

anyone it is working for ??

posted 1y ago

idamianos idamianos

10 posts /

Hi i know how to fix it ;) 100% work email to me lukaszsnopkiewiczdrive@gmail.com

posted 1y ago

ashey1710 ashey1710

2 posts /

ok people i have had this issue for some time, after a fair amount of farting about i think i have found out the problem! and why instagram arent answering any questions as to why this is happening!! i have been having this problem for months (since facebook took over) and have had my facebook deactived for about 2 years as i didnt use it! i thought i would activate my facebook and then try to post my tags and it bloody worked!!!!! i deactivated my facebook again and they stopped working! it seems instagram has sold out on us again, if you dont have an active facebook you cant tag your pictures!! pretty low if you ask me! so....

to the people that cant post tags, do you have a facebook? if not then open one and try posting tags! it worked for me. oh and instagram are scum for not advising us that this is what is causing the problem!!

hope this helps folks! check out my profile @ashey1710

thanks

posted 1y ago

ml24design ml24design

1 posts /

@ashey1710 YOU ARE A HERO!

Everyone, @ashey1710's method worked!!

Amazing!

Thank you thank you!

Activate / connect your facebook account and it WORKS!

posted 1y ago

shyloecore shyloecore

1 posts /

it doesn't work for me :C any advice?

posted 1y ago

hlyamutlu hlyamutlu

1 posts /

@ashey1710 is right... It did solve my problem when i connect my facebook account to my instagram. Thanks again.

posted 1y ago

thatsronnieclay thatsronnieclay

5 posts /

sofia61283xx sofia61283xx

1 posts /

Hi I've just had this same problem - normally get between 30 to 50 likes for my photos when tagging with fashion related tags but since yesterday I was getting about 2! I think it's because my friend logged into her facebook and instagram on my phone and this must have messed it up. Even when I relogged into my accounts and it seemed liked I was connected to Facebook as I was sharing instagram pics to facebook, but when I checked my share settings on instagram it said I wasn't connected to Facebook. It asked me to connect and I did - I reposted a picture and got loads of likes. Myabe just check your settings and make sure your connected to facebook on your phone and don't let anyone log into their accounts on to your phone!

posted 1y ago

imjustanothermystery imjustanothermystery

6 posts /

They fixed it... @imjustanothermystery

posted 1y ago

martinholtee martinholtee

2 posts /

paintings_by_voetmann paintings_by_voetmann

1 posts /

Same here. I have two accounts, and use the same hashtags on both. The oldest account shows when i search, but not this account! sooooooo annoying!

posted 1y ago

bethjohnsonn bethjohnsonn

1 posts /

I had the same problem, what you need to do is check how many hashtags you are using, instagram doesn't allow you to use more than 30 hashtags on one picture.

posted 1y ago

rjd4783 rjd4783

2 posts /

I have a fb account and it still doesn't work. I tag a photo and it doesn't show up. HELP!!!

posted 1y ago

stephan75 stephan75

1 posts /

Same problem for me. Instagram support do not respond to me. Instagram suck!!!

posted 1y ago

smallyuu_ smallyuu_

1 posts /

i linked it to my facebook. but it still didnt work!!
same as @paintings_by_voetmann i have 2 accounts. and post the same pics n hashtags on both accounts. but my old one appeared when i search but not the new account!
this problem needs to be fixedddddddddd

posted 1y ago

shahrzadcg shahrzadcg

1 posts /

hei instagram please help us
we can't tag our photos :((((((((((((((((((
we love you!

posted 11mon ago

fir3fli3 fir3fli3

1 posts /

Bet u all did what I did!!!!!! bet your photos are on private if they are then you won't get likes from hashtags cos people won't see it

posted 11mon ago

invinooveritass invinooveritass

2 posts /

I had the same problem and I tried do everything what you wrote here guys, but nothing worked.... Then I just download new version of instagram and hashtags started work for me again.
Follow @invinooveritass

posted 11mon ago

sabyyg sabyyg

3 posts /

I've been having the same issue, but it started happening to me today...I even read through the terms and conditions to see if I had violated any of them. I thought "perhaps my account is flagged or something," but no. Idk whats going on :/

posted 11mon ago

sabyyg sabyyg

3 posts /

@ashley1710 that might explain a lot. I recently deactivated my fb...and i really dont wanna reactivate it but i guess i'll try it. thanks!

posted 11mon ago

sabyyg sabyyg

3 posts /

@ashley1710 nope...didn't work for me

posted 11mon ago

shockeyjoxx shockeyjoxx

1 posts /

@sabyyg omg...this happened to me today too....wth?????

posted 11mon ago

natashaannelee natashaannelee

2 posts /

@natashaannelee

posted 11mon ago

theswahele theswahele

1 posts /

It's happening to me today , my picture doesn't appear in the hash tag lists. It sucks :( Please fix it !

Follow @theswahele

posted 10mon ago

stories112000 stories112000

1 posts /

I have the same problem and it sucks because I have to tag certain photos in certain hashtags for contests and since my hashtags aren't working, I have to personally tag the contest holder and make sure they saw my entry. It's really stressing.

posted 10mon ago ( last updated 10mon ago )

anthonyhershko anthonyhershko

1 posts /

Same over here!! My Facebook is active but is not working at all!

posted 9mon ago

brianbornstein brianbornstein

1 posts /

I have had a tagging issue for 2 weeks now, but my issue is if I tag a photo it deletes the photo from my feed. It is so annoying. I have emailed support 3 times and heard nothing back. Even the latest update to the App didn't fix this issue.

Not sure what to do now??

posted 9mon ago

maeva_9741 maeva_9741

3 posts /

follow me http://instagram.com/maeva_9741

posted 9mon ago

niicoledunkeer niicoledunkeer

1 posts /

i have it too ... its kinda hard to get new followers when u cant tag anything.
But follow my gaming instagram if you want to: @niicoledunkeer

posted 9mon ago

rchrdp305 rchrdp305

1 posts /

my hashtags just recently stopped working, it was working for over a year. it was after I got hacked, bio got erased and a random pic was uploaded. Any solutions? thank you

posted 9mon ago

luvmehoney luvmehoney

75 posts /

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ FOLLOW ME GUYS ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤. @luvmehoney ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
❤❤❤❤❤❤. @luvmehoney. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

posted 9mon ago

demigodofpanem demigodofpanem

1 posts /

Usually when I post lots of hashtags my post gets likes but now they aren't even appearing in the category :(

posted 9mon ago

tita_pingkit tita_pingkit

1 posts /

I have the same Problem :(

posted 9mon ago

_pukmel_ _pukmel_

2 posts /

It's simple just delete 1 or 2 of hash tags that you're using and reran those laternalsovfollowmme @_pukmel_

posted 9mon ago

thechendaddy thechendaddy

1 posts /

Been having the exact same problem for two weeks.

My Facebook account is active. I've unlinked and then re-linked my Instagram to it. Doesn't work.

I have uninstalled Instagram, rebooted my iPhone, then reinstalled it. Doesn't work.

I've tried posting new photos with just one hashtag. Not anywhere close to 30. Doesn't work.

I've reported the issue as a broken feature to Instagram, but I know that's worthless. Just like Facebook itself, there is no actual way to contact customer support anymore because Facebook/Instagram just doesn't feel it's worth it to help its users.

So all I can do is rely on the user community. Please let us know if you've found other solutions to this problem, and please let us know if you've had this problem and it fixed itself.

posted 8mon ago

salvare0016 salvare0016

2 posts /

me too, but after i connected to my facebook. my hastag back to normal again

follow me @salvare0016

posted 8mon ago

lostboi81 lostboi81

1 posts /

omg yes! im having the same freakin issue and its pissing me off!

posted 7mon ago

satansanders satansanders

1 posts /

Same here. No fix yet?

posted 6mon ago

pramitititi pramitititi

2 posts /

same thing is happening with me... i have literally reported this problem to Instagram more than a 100 times in the last 3 months, no one is replying back or doing anything about it.

posted 4mon ago

jimmyalouf123 jimmyalouf123

1 posts /

delete all old tags and copy paste them into a comment , delete a few of the previous tags and post the comment, it worked for me and started having likes on my picture after 2 days of posting it

posted 2mon ago

Reply to this topic

Sign in to write a reply.

Other Topics in INSTAGRAM